Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Tie that Tie!

Alright, so it's an often asked question... how do you tie your tie?  To best answer this, I'm actually going to reference one of the best sources I've found on good ole Youtube.

The producer - Art of Manliness, really has the best most straightforward videos for knot tying:
Four-in-Hand
Half Windsor
Full Windsor
Bow Tie


So the ever important question - which knot should I tie?  The true and honest answer is whatever you prefer.  I am firm believer in simplicity often being the best and most practical answer, which is why I prefer a four-in-hand.  It really is a preference; my one piece of cautionary advice - DO NOT use a knot so big that it engulfs your neck.  It looks ridiculous, and a tie is supposed to compliment the rest of your look, not over take it as the focal point.

Keep reading, sharing, and I'll keep em coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment