Thursday, November 21, 2013

When do I button all buttons on my jacket?!

In a word.... NEVER!

I've seen too much of this lately to ignore it here on Suitably Dressed, so we're going to talk about it - and before we begin, I apologize for the delays between posts here, life has gotten a little hectic and even though I want to do a bit more here, it's just been tough lately - it'll smooth out, I promise!

So back to the topic at hand.  The general rule of thumb for all those buttons on your jacket is that the very bottom button you don't button... like, ever!  It's not how it's meant to be, and quite frankly it just looks weird when people do this.  Two buttons on your jacket - only the top one gets buttoned.  Three buttons?  Follow the SAN rule: Sometimes, Always, Never (from top to bottom button).One button jacket? Alright, you got me; this is the one caveat to the rule, obviously you have to button them all when there is only one.



Look if you button every button on that jacket, I don't care how well it fits, how well it is coordinated, you ruined your whole look.  This is something you should feel good in, look good in, not like you are restraining yourself.

The general rules to follow is as follows: sitting down - unbutton your jacket.  standing up - button your jacket.  This is as simple as it gets.  Keep yourself well put together, and enjoy the holiday season without fussing about that bottom button!



No comments:

Post a Comment